Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Injured Reserve


Big triathlon coming up.  

But big problem.

Usually I am good about not over-doing my training.  Which is why I have remained (knock on wood) relatively injury-free.  Seriously, who wants to over-train anyway?  I'd much rather over-eat or over-drink.

But that's another story.  With a half-iron and a marathon looming in the coming weeks, the two training programs sort of overlapped in the last couple of weeks, and I probably ran a bit too much. The result: some wicked left shin pain!  

And so, I am resting.  I actually (you won't believe this) handed over Oscar's leash to Ali last Sunday and called it quits after running .92 miles.  (That's point-nine-two for you blog-skimmers.)  And, even more shocking, I skipped the first early morning hockey session of the season this morning.  That's right: the shin really hurt!  And I knew nothing good would come of playing.  

Triathlons are hard enough without having to play hurt.  But I'm hopeful it will feel good come race-day.  Because I have some serious goals (and they're not just to beat Ironwoman Kristin Courcelle).  I want to go out there and have a good race, so the result: you probably won't see me beating the pavement until after the race actually starts.

No comments: