Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Welcome Summer!

Memorial Day weekend -- aka "Marathon Weekend in Vermont" -- 2008 has come and gone, and that means the unofficial beginning of summer! And I have to say, I have not looked forward to summer like I am this time around in a long time.

What's different? For one, a new job: I'm a "writer" now. Okay, okay... I've been writing for a long time now, but this is different; I quit my job and I'm writing! Now do you get the picture? Either I'll be publishing a whole lot more, or I'll be losing those extra few pounds I've been worried about! I'm not just writing, though. I am also interning at Eating Well magazine (buy it -- there's lots of good stuff, including recipes, yumm!) to learn how the magazine business works. See? There's method to the madness; I couldn't have done that and worked my old job.

Also, I have a dog that runs and a girlfriend (soon to be wife) who rock climbs, and I plan to do lots of those this summer. And, of course, I'll keep everyone posted on the excitement on this here blog!

No comments: