Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Transitions

It's always a sad time of year when the snowmen start to melt and the sun gets stronger. This year, we are packing away all of the ski teaching tools in the Adventure Center and I am saying goodbye for the season to many of my friends at Stowe. If only winter could go on and on...

On the other hand, so much to look forward to with the new season! Walking with Ali and Oscar in the mornings (which are light now!), getting back on the road to do some running, heading up to the Lake Champlain Islands, swimming in the Winooski across from our house, climbing in Bolton... okay, put that way, I can't believe I've had to wait so long for summer!

Transitions between the seasons are always happy and sad. And busy. Wow, are they busy. Inevitably, the incoming season's activities begin before the culmination of the outgoing season (read: this has been the case since about mid-February), and sometimes I have a tendency not to sit back and reflect on the changing of the seasons. Note to self: don't forget to sit back and enjoy for a minute!

I love the fact that seasons change -- and I also like changing jobs with the seasons. Every season turns into a new chapter. And if you liked the last chapter, have no fear; winter '09-'10 will be back upon us in just a few short months. For the meantine, however, welcome spring and summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm stoked to see the arrival of Summer as well. I've promised myself that I'm going to get back in to climbing this season--it's been way to long.