Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year Reflections

When you supervise in the ski school at Stowe, you don't have much time at the end of the year for the holidays and for new year reflections. This year was just as busy as any year, with one difference: because of the way Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Day fell in relation to my days off, I didn't have to work any of those days. You think blue moons are rare? I wonder when we'll see that again!

Anyway, I did participate in some holiday traditions: boot league at the Bahrenburgs (see pic) and Christmas dinner at Poor Farm with my grandmother in attendance. And I got to go on a beautiful backcountry ski tour (at an undisclosed location -- except to tell you it was east of the Mississippi and west of England) with Ali, Oscar, Karen, and Grayson on New Year's Day. Everytime I get into the woods of Vermont, I am struck at how beautiful winter is.

Happy 2010!

No comments: